Name: Sapna Nayak
School: Sharada Mandir School, Miramar
I still remember the day I was chosen as one of the ASSET Ambassadors of my school. I was thrilled but also confused as to what exactly I had to do. But as the journey moved on, every step was a new learning for me. It was filled with activity, excitement and interaction. It was a wonderful opportunity, one that I was very fortunate to have got.
My role as an ASSET Ambassador has helped me develop leadership skills and responsibilities and has given me a chance to make new friends. It was a great opportunity to interact with students of my age from schools all over India, get to know interesting happenings of their schools and exchange ideas. All this became possible because of the online site created for ASSET Ambassadors on ning. We also shared interesting facts and happenings from all over the world on various blogs and discussion groups.
In my opinion, being selected as an ASSET Ambassador of one’s school is an honour. But besides that, it also gives one the opportunity to engage oneself in various activities conducted on a monthly basis by ASSET team. One also gets a chance to lead the ASSET Week initiatives in one’s school.
The EI team coordinators were very supportive. Our ideas were always taken, appreciated and whenever possible implemented, from the very first activity of making a Video on “Learning through understanding” to creative writing to making an ad for one’s school.
- Redrawing Boundries – How I spent my summer teaching International Relations to children - February 27, 2015
- MISCONCEPTION SERIES: CLASS 6 SOCIAL STUDIES, CITIZENSHIP AND GOVERNANCE - February 24, 2015
- RAISING STANDARDS OF MIDDAY MEALS AND TEACHER TRAINING – POINTERS - February 23, 2015
- Test your knowledge of the English language with 10 simple (?) questions! You might be surprised… - February 20, 2015
- Metropolitan Museum of Art: Art Books for Free! - February 20, 2015
- Once a Genius, Always a Genius? - February 17, 2015
- MISCONCEPTION SERIES: CLASS 3 SCIENCE, SCIENTIFIC LITERACY & SCIENTIFIC METHODS - February 17, 2015
- Solving Pascal triangles just got easier! And 20 more mathematical concepts explained with GIFs - February 17, 2015
- STUDENTS COMMENTS ON MINDSPARK (PART 6) - February 16, 2015
- 6 pointers for studying smarter - February 16, 2015