Name: Sapna Nayak
School: Sharada Mandir School, Miramar
I still remember the day I was chosen as one of the ASSET Ambassadors of my school. I was thrilled but also confused as to what exactly I had to do. But as the journey moved on, every step was a new learning for me. It was filled with activity, excitement and interaction. It was a wonderful opportunity, one that I was very fortunate to have got.
My role as an ASSET Ambassador has helped me develop leadership skills and responsibilities and has given me a chance to make new friends. It was a great opportunity to interact with students of my age from schools all over India, get to know interesting happenings of their schools and exchange ideas. All this became possible because of the online site created for ASSET Ambassadors on ning. We also shared interesting facts and happenings from all over the world on various blogs and discussion groups.
In my opinion, being selected as an ASSET Ambassador of one’s school is an honour. But besides that, it also gives one the opportunity to engage oneself in various activities conducted on a monthly basis by ASSET team. One also gets a chance to lead the ASSET Week initiatives in one’s school.
The EI team coordinators were very supportive. Our ideas were always taken, appreciated and whenever possible implemented, from the very first activity of making a Video on “Learning through understanding” to creative writing to making an ad for one’s school.
- MISCONCEPTION SERIES: CLASS 4 MATHS, NUMBER SENSE RELATED CONCEPTS & BASIC NUMBER COMPETENCY - March 30, 2015
- STUDENTS COMMENTS ON MINDSPARK (PART 7) - March 27, 2015
- Seetha Murty: Bridging the gap between Government and Private Schools - March 26, 2015
- In Search of Genius: Morph.org Creates The Ramanujan Project Fellowships in Math - March 25, 2015
- Super Test and Common Misconceptions in Percentages - March 24, 2015
- Ms. Charu Wahi: The process of education should be a three-way partnership - March 17, 2015
- WHY PI MATTERS? - March 14, 2015
- MISCONCEPTION SERIES: CLASS 3 ENGLISH, READING FOR UNDERSTANDING – EXTENDED REASONING - March 12, 2015
- Amazing 106K Free Teacher-created Digital Textbooks - March 9, 2015
- Will an unbiased, concrete syllabus rescue the Indian education system? - March 3, 2015