Name: Sapna Nayak
School: Sharada Mandir School, Miramar
I still remember the day I was chosen as one of the ASSET Ambassadors of my school. I was thrilled but also confused as to what exactly I had to do. But as the journey moved on, every step was a new learning for me. It was filled with activity, excitement and interaction. It was a wonderful opportunity, one that I was very fortunate to have got.
My role as an ASSET Ambassador has helped me develop leadership skills and responsibilities and has given me a chance to make new friends. It was a great opportunity to interact with students of my age from schools all over India, get to know interesting happenings of their schools and exchange ideas. All this became possible because of the online site created for ASSET Ambassadors on ning. We also shared interesting facts and happenings from all over the world on various blogs and discussion groups.
In my opinion, being selected as an ASSET Ambassador of one’s school is an honour. But besides that, it also gives one the opportunity to engage oneself in various activities conducted on a monthly basis by ASSET team. One also gets a chance to lead the ASSET Week initiatives in one’s school.
The EI team coordinators were very supportive. Our ideas were always taken, appreciated and whenever possible implemented, from the very first activity of making a Video on “Learning through understanding” to creative writing to making an ad for one’s school.
- A new chapter in Education: Only a few lessons learnt - May 27, 2015
- Modi @365: An education in acronyms - May 24, 2015
- Spare the rod and spoil the child? That’s what the teachers in India think. Over 1/3rds of kids physically punished. - May 23, 2015
- Misconception Series: Class 5 Science, Food, Nutrition and Health - May 22, 2015
- MISCONCEPTION SERIES: CLASS 4 Arithmetic Operations, Order of operations, Properties - May 20, 2015
- Academic: TIP Summer studies in India - May 18, 2015
- How to create a better school system - May 18, 2015
- Award for Excellence in Teaching bagged by Professor Dr. Sivanadane Mandjiny - May 14, 2015
- Creating synergy between Students, Teachers, Schools, Parents and Community - May 13, 2015
- ASSET – Assessment of Scholastic Skills through Educational Testing shared Abhimanyu Timbadia’s photo. - May 13, 2015