DO NOT PREPARE
- It tests what you have really understood and does not test your memory or recall of facts, so studying 1 or 2 days before the test will not help you to get better scores.
- Read books, ask doubts, clear your concepts with teachers.
- Try sample question on our site (www.ei-india.com) to get familiar with ASSET questions
It is not a Competitive test
- Questions will tests your concepts.
- It will help you to know your strengths and weaknesses, so that you improve.
“Oh! Here is a question on the heart! My God! I am very weak in biology! I can never remember this aorta / ventricles stuff… I should just move on to the next question. But, hey, hang on! These ASSET people said they don’t test factual knowledge and the questions require thinking! Come on, I can think as well as anyone! Let me read the questions carefully and at least try to understand it. READ THE QUESTION – SEE THE FIGURE CAREFLLY – SEE THE MULTIPLE CHOICES – Okay, keeping the answer choices in mind and looking at the figure, I can make out that …. Is the answer! Hey! I did it! THIS WAS EASY! Really!”
What to do after the test
- Preserve the question booklet carefully – It is an important learning tool.
- Discuss the challenging questions with teachers and check those questions whose answer you were not sure in books and on internet.
- When you get the analyses report, check which you answered wrongly and which concepts you have learnt and which not and then improve on it.
How can I improve
- Read good books
- If you are in the habit of watching TV, try to watch channels like National Geographic, Discovery, Animal Planet.
- If you are in the habit of surfing the web, try to surf sites like NASA, USGS, BBC, etc.
- Do small experiments, on your own or with friends, to understand concepts better
- Misconception series: Class 3 Maths, Measurement, Data Interpretation/Analysis: Averages, Graph Reading etc - August 25, 2015
- Misconception Series: Class 3 Science, Properties of Matter - August 24, 2015
- STUDENTS COMMENTS ON MINDSPARK (PART 10) - August 20, 2015
- 1 question, 1 day, 10,000 people, infinite learning - August 19, 2015
- Your Most Burning Questions About Why we’re trying to fix our kids when we should be fixing the system - August 19, 2015
- Need smarter solutions and a radical rethinking to fix the education system - August 18, 2015
- Visualization helps ‘fill in the blanks’ to make your ideas concrete - August 13, 2015
- What do we really know about Low-fee private schooling? - August 12, 2015
- MISCONCEPTION SERIES: CLASS 3 SCIENCE, Scientific literacy & Scientific methods - August 11, 2015
- Future of instructional resources is digital - August 10, 2015