We asked India’s leading educators and academicians about the reforms in the education sector that they would recommend to the Modi government over the next 5 years. This is what had to say.
Mr. Vinod Gandhi, Managing Director
The Geekay Edify World School, Ranipet
- The Indian Education system today, places very limited importance on teachers’ training. The need is not for subject-specific trainings, but rather for the teachers to develop the right attitude. B.Ed. training has become more of a technical and formal requirement only, and therefore mushrooming of many B.Ed. institutes is seen. But real quality training and orientation of teachers is not happening. Education is in the State List, but it will always prosper under flexible National Level Guidance.
- The curriculum in schools should be more application-based, to prepare the students for life, with the right skills imbibed in them to bring in harmony, peace and progress globally.
- Sports, games and co-curricular activities should be given enough importance to enable schools engage themselves to produce National and International sports personalities. In interviews and entrance examinations, emphasis should be given to character building as much as knowledge base.This will not only unburden our heavily stressed students, but will relieve the parents, who too are victims of the present day system.
Established in 2001, Educational Initiatives believes in making a difference in education through personalized learning and ensuring that students learn with understanding.
EI has over 15 years of expertise in education, with a deep understanding of child psychology and efficient methods of teaching, based on detailed research and a formidable database of student learning through ASSET.
Our detailed research has proven that children today respond to rote-based questions relatively well, however, they fail to answer unfamiliar or application based questions due to unclear core concepts.
Latest posts by Educational Initiatives (see all)
- MANY RED MARKS IN INDIAN SCHOOLS - April 16, 2016
- A WHOOPING 70 MILLION STUDENTS TAKE PRIVATE TUITIONS - April 7, 2016
- A high school senior got into 5 Ivy League schools and Stanford with this essay - April 4, 2016